Opening on vulva

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a slight skin tear right in the crease of my vulva. A high friction point. I've been using Vaseline as a lubrican/barrier cream because coconut oil irritates me. I'm curious what you'd do? I am using steroid cream twice a week right now... Do I just let it heal without cream or should I continue as usual? And also what do some of you ladies use for a lubricant/barrier cream besides coconut oil?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicki,

I use Epaderm moisturiser/wash product. Like goose grease. Use like soap to wash with. So soothing and a layer left on after every loo visit will protect you and treat as well. Another similar product is Hydramol. On prescription here in UK.

• Posted

Hi Nikki

I would continue with the steroid cream as usual. I use Hydromol body wash and ointment . Both are brilliant and were recommended by my gynae. The ointment is great as a barrier cream. . Good luck hope the tear heals quickly.

• Posted

I found that Aquaphor helps tremendously with tears. If it is really a sore spot I have also put Neosporin (an antibiotic cream) on it and it goes away.
  • Posted

I agree that Aquaphor actually helps a lot with tears, and I do also use some polysporin if it's especially bad.  As for a lubricant, I use emu oil as part of my every day routine and also as a sexual lubricant.  It works better than anything else I've ever tried by helping to retain the skin's elasticity.  And just be really gentle when you wipe and when you clean yourself.  You do tear more easily when you're on clobetasol.

• Posted

Where do you buy Emu oil. I have only seen Emuaid in Walgreens.
  • Posted

I find emu oil extremely comfortable and also use EMUAID a lot. I have also used lots of extra virgin olive oil. I have recently started using jojoba oil. Don't like it as well as emu oil but it's wise to switch oils at times. When I'm in situations where it's challenging to do good personal care, I use Vaseline liberally. During my period, lots of Vaseline. I find Vaseline is the most effective barrier but it's not the healthiest option, which Is why I only use it certain times.

Also use some steroid, but for me, the Emuaid works so well I really don't need a lot of steroid.

• Posted

I also used jojoba oil for awhile, and it worked, but not nearly as well as emu oil.  I don't use Emuaid, just pure emu oil that I buy either in a local health store or on Amazon.  Emuaid has other things added in and it's just a personal preference for me to use oil without added ingredients.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.