Opinions on my symptoms?

Posted , 1 user is following.

So for the last 2-3 weeks I have had loose stools. What is interesting is that my bowel frequency has not changed ( I go about the same time to the toilet everyday). Size and length seem good. Sometimes the stool is half loose, half normal and sometimes its even completely normal. It is never watery.

Sometimes, at the end of the stool that comes out first, I can see that it seems a bit darker than the rest of the stool (sometimes it does not have any colour difference with the rest of the stool) but can't say if that is blood or not. It is not red. I have never seen bright or dark red in my stool . It seem a bit dry and sometimes I have seen some mucus on it. The times I have seen mucus is only in this part of the stool, nowhere else. I can't really describe how this part of the stool it looks as it usually looks normal but a bit dry-ish.

I have no pain while, before or after having a bowel movement. Usually my stomach does not hurt but it might feel bloated sometimes. I think its usually after eating but not immediately after eating (not quite sure about this). Usually walking will make things better. I do release some gases both from the mouth (burping) and from the bottom, as it is most often burping. I do have some acid reflux which I have had before the stool symptoms started so not sure if things are related here. I might have some stomach discomfort but nothing severe.

I think I have some anaemia symptoms such as cold hands and feet (sometimes) and when walking I think it is a bit harder to breath than usually but it is not too bad as I am completely capable of breathing via my nose in all situation ( no mouth breathing is needed ). Those symptoms I had before the stool symptoms. Recently, I started walking 10 000 steps everyday and I don't feel too tired after walking them ( I do them all at once ).

I have not experienced weight loss or loss of appetite.

I am 22, male. No smoking or drinking or drugs. Usually I have always been healthy.

Based on the symptoms I described, it seems to be that something is not as it should be ( I hope its not the worst) and I will definitely visit a doctor soon but wanted to get some opinions here as well if possible.

Additionally, not sure if this info is relevant but I have had some stress in my childhood. Now I don't think I am stressed but I do have lots of responsibilities - work, studying and etc so not sure if I am aware myself of how those affect me.

I hope you can help me out here.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.