Optic nerve damage

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

Does anyone know how to get a doctor to diagnose suspected optic nerve damage. For the last two and a half years i have been unable to look at laptop screens, tolerate anything but the darkest settings on my phone and iPad ans get massive headaches when my glasses get any dirt on them. It all comes from a damaged pair of glasses and not being able to get to a optician fir several months as their deteriorated . Anyone want to help. I cant afford private but the NHS have not been great so far.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Billy have you seen an optician? If so, what did they say, and do you have new glasses now? Why do you think its optic nerve damage? How does that relate to damaged glasses? This sounds a bit like dry eye syndrome. it often starts with intolerance to bright lights and headaches. Do you use screens a lot ? Constantly staring at a bright screen will produce these sort of symptoms. An optician can test for dry eye.

Also you could ask your GP for an opinion.

You could also try using Hypromellose eye drops. They are also called Artificial tears. Available in most chemists. You can use them as much as you like.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.