Other benefits

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, i have been awarded pip enhanced for daily living recently. i've never claimed before so this is all new to me. Was wondering if this entitles me to any other benefits/help financially. My partners earnings are to high apparently(i wish!) for benefits ive needed before. Is there any that dont partners earnings into account. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This is because you're a couple and your partners earnings will always be used when claiming any benefits. I don't think there's anything. Car tax you have to be awarded at least 8 points in the "moving around" part to be able to claim 50% reduction. The same for the Blue Badge to have an automatic entitlement.

• Posted

It might be worth looking at working tax credit if you're able to claim it in your area.  This will take your partners earnings into account so it will depend how high his earnings are but it also takes into account the fact that you receive PIP enhanced for daily living.  The amount a partner can earn before the working tax credit payment drops to zero is likely to be higher than ESA so you might get something.  There are various tax credit calculators online that allow you to put your details and your partners and will give you an idea if you're likely to be entitled to anything.

• Posted

Hi,

If you have enough national insurance contributions for the last two tax years ; you can claim ESA contribution based which doesn't take partner's income into account .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.