Out off body experience when I'm trying to sleep.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I'm sorry for my broken English.

I think I'm either going mental, have a brain cancer or I'm haunted.

And I'm not sure if this is the correct thread. If not, I'm sorry

It doesn't happen very often, I had one of those last night, but previously it happened two nights in a row over 5 months ago. But it happens from over the last two years. And it's always the same thing and always goes the same way.

I know how this wild and stupid this sounds, but here I go.

Sometimes, when I'm trying to sleep, I'm having something like a buzzing in my head, the only thing I can compare the sensation, is when You put your head to the window in a moving vehicle. Or if You try to close your eyes very tightly. Kind like shaking, buzzing sounds and feeling.

My body, especially my legs, feel very tired and heavy, it's almost painful. Like after exercise for a whole day. And I can barely move.

I can open my eyes but when I'm closing them I have this buzzing and shaking but I know I'm awake as I can hear and feel my cat moving next to me.

And then the wild part, I feel like I'm floating, or rather very fast flying up. It might sound cool or amazing and definitely very stupid but it's very stressful. Sometimes I feel like my body hits the celling and then I'm fast falling down, sometimes I'm 'flying' even higher and then falling. Just after this is over, I can move my body normally, until I'll start to fall asleep again.

Last night I had this 7 times in a row, I couldn't sleep for almost 3 hours.

I don't do drugs, even weed, I don't smoke but I'm vaping, a lot, I'm drinking alcohol every 3-4 weeks or less and never to the point off passing out. (3-4 pints at most) I do drink a lot of fluids, mostly black tea and water (2.5 l) Female, 36 years old.

I know how stupid this sounds but I'm starting to worry

Any ideas what's wrong with me?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

This sensation can happen when you fall asleep. I think it has something to do with REM and your mind waking up as you drift off. It's pretty normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.