Outer lower leg recurring pain, fibularis/peroneal area pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm looking for ideas on what this might be, I have scoured the internet for different possibilities but I haven't been able to find any recurring lower leg pain issues that really fit my situation.

I am reasonably overweight and have flat feet, not exceptionally fit but reasonably fit. However when I run for any reasonable amount of time but particularly when I run with some intensity this pain occurs quite quickly and this happens on flat ground as well. More problematic for me however is I walk up a large hill every single day and about half of the time I have this really annoying pain in only my right lower leg about 2 inches above my ankle (hopefully will be able to upload an image but unsure), and it only continues to get worse as I keep using it. After relaxing and not putting stress on my leg for about 5 minutes it normally goes away. It doesn't normally happen when I am just walking around, can't remember it happening while walking around ever but unsure.

Sometimes when it is really quite bad, you can physically feel almost a small bunch up of muscle or something on the surface, I have not looked to see if its visually obvious but it definitely is there when felt.

I thought it could have been weak muscles or just being unfit and went walking and running almost daily for 3 weeks and saw no change and generally I walk 5 miles a day average so I don't really think it should be that. Also I grew up in Florida with no hills, unsure if thats pertinent.

I am planning on going to an orthopedist but I would like to not have to.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.