OVARY PAINS PROSTAP INJECTION

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi.. iv never rote on here before but i am desperate for either help advice or someone to say they have had an experience like me.. so with in the last year iv been diagnosed with something called PMDD which is like pms but much worse.. iv been trying to deal with it but it seams to be getting in the way of life every month... shortly after being diagnosed i started to get crippling pain in my right ovary on ovulation and also day of period for 2days then after the 2 days i would feel bruised for a further 2 days i take pain killers that does not seam to help but i take just in case the pain is much worse without them... i have been for an ultra-sound scan and nothing showed up and to be honest i was a little upset that there was nothing was there as that would of been an answer... every month the symptoms seam to be getting much worse.. i bleed heavy anyway but i had a bleed out last month which was quite scary... now i am currently getting the ovary pain all the time but just not as bad.. i went to see a private consultant who has suggested the prostap injection.. no one seems to know what this pain is and wont operate to look and see whats going on inside due to covid but apparently is guessing its endometriosis which i am fine with is life is hard right now with covid i wouldnt want to risk anyone or my self... now i am 30 years old one child live on my own and after looking up the prostap side effect i am scared to take this as i feel i could be talking away one problem and adding a few more.. has anyone had an experience like mine or any advice on the prostap i would be so grateful...

thank you so much for reading

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi i was on prostap for 3 months. i had my injections monthly. i was in full menapause for all that time and about 4 weeks after my last jab things settled. everyone is different but my friend who had it for cancer had very little flushes. mine was for Endo. i went on the pill after and it out the Endo into remission. i have something else going on but Prostap wasn't as bad as you'd expect. you will forget about it once the flushes stops. it does work. it helps hugely with PMT. was a break for momths for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.