Over Medicated Hypo?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help me out.

I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism 8 years ago. highest dose of levo I was on was 125mg per day for the past 5 years, last August I was told bloods were slightly over and Doctor reduced me to 100mg per day, had my bloods done last November and was told they were normal. Had a good bit of stress in May and went on holiday in June first night of holidays I was hit with bad Anxiety and tremors, for the whole 2 weeks I couldn't eat a thing and was so restless and jittery, my thoughts were racing, was so scared, came home and went to the doctor because I thought I was losing it, she put me on beta blockers to try and calm me, week later she says my bloods were slightly over again, so I thought great I have an answer I'm over medicated and my symptoms matched, she then said ok we will lower your meds by 50mg a week, I thought that was very little, she said we can't fully blame the thyroid, she said we will check it again in 5 weeks, nothing changed still had all the symptoms and horrible thoughts, don't know if I'm depressed but I'm miserable, bloods came back last week and she said they have went higher again so down another 50mg a week and I have to wait a other 6 weeks. I just feel I will never get better and am worried if its not my thyroid then what is it, but really the symptoms of hyper are what I have, has this happened to anyone? if so how long did you take to feel better? thanks x

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.