Overweight

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone had my first trhr on DEC 17th getting on great back at work now quite tiring but getting there .My muscle is still fairly tender ... I have put on a stone and a half and am desperate to lose this before my next left hip is done around July time . Can any of you lovely knowledgeable hippies give me some advice ie best exercises and diet to follow thank you xxx

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am a huge fan of walking. Lots of walking combined wth eating correctly can work wonders - and it is free. 

Best of luck

Michael 

• Posted

Hi Vanessa

I don't possess scales; too frightening but I know by my clothing that I have put on weight.

I am ten weeks post op and due second op in Sep. By then I am determined to have lost weight and to be as fit as possible.

I don't actually diet; I just cut down my portions and apart from fruit , stay away from sugar.

For exercise I attend aqua aerobics three times a week. During early recovery my physio showed me a cardio exercise whilst sitting. I merely lifted a crutch above my head and then out, back to my chest and up again.

So here is to weight loss, fitness and further surgery.

Good luck

Morrie

• Posted

Hi Vanessa, 

Sensitive topic for me  --- Have not stepped on a scale for a while but I can tell that the added kilo's are respectable - Already before 1st THR, then more while recovering and in pain again until 2nd THR - Not getting any less I am afraid -

I walk and use stationary bike -  Medication I am on has weight gain as a side effect -   I decided to get fit first - I am a long way, I feel - 

I might go and  see a dietitian --

Take good care of your self - you still get tired and your body is still healing -

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

For me, walking is the key and keeping off rubbish, (not easy, had way too much this week) just eat normal meals, don't cut out anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.