Pacemaker troubles: I run out of breath too easily

Posted , 1 user is following.

Greetings. I received a pacemaker (2 wires) in Nov. 2023 because I suffer from congestive heart failure and atrial flutter. I expected, naively, it would be like receiving a new heart. Instead, I run out of breath too easily when walking. My pacemaker is set at 60 beats, and although it can be set to motion-activated variable speed, it would then speed up to 120, which many people do not like according to my cardio clinic. Is this normal? I do walk 40-60 minutes a day inside my house to try strengthening my lungs to compensate, but I would appreciate other people's experiences. Thank you all.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.