Packed gallbladder on waiting list up to a year!

Posted , 1 user is following.

six months ago, I saw general surgery registrar and he diagnosed me with irritable bowel syndrome when I had no symptoms of that at all. and signed me off from their care They found on my scans (my gp was the one requesting the scans as he knew i was uncomfortable and wanted to keep checking on the gallbladder ) each scan that I had I had more and more gallbladder stones then went for my final scan and the lady said my gallbladder was packed with stones. I then had some blood tests and it was showing signs that my gallbladder wasn’t happy something like the gamma level I don’t know , the GP kindly referred me back to the consultant saying in an email to him that I needed my gallbladder out.

The GP said really I should’ve had it out previously but when I went six months ago the consultant wasn’t interested in that. I then went and saw the consultant (not the registrar this time) and he said okay, I’ll take it out I wasn’t examined and when I walked in there, a nurse was sat on the couch with the laptop & another nurse stood beside bjm and he just went to his desk and showed no interest really. He suggested having a throat camera put down. I advised him I’d had that done five months ago he looked at his computer screen and realised I had. I said I’m here for my gallbladder it’s packed with stones he said I’ll put you on the list for a removal, but it could take up to a year I said to him I’m not well I don’t feel good I said I’ve got swelling down the right side I can feel it and I’m bringing up bile and I’m feeling sick and dizzy a lot. & had been to see the nurse the day before as i have itching on my upper right side and she thought it may be my body reacting to the problem in my gallbladder. He didn’t really answer me and then that was the end of the discussion, i asked how long the wait is and he said 6months to a year!

I had blood test done today and it’s come back i’ve checked on my NHS App and two of the tests it says I’ve got to speak to the clinician from what I gather and what I’ve looked up. There’s a problem with the gallbladder and it’s affecting the delivery of bile in someway but until I call the surgery tomorrow, I don’t really know I don’t know what to do because I don’t think my gallbladder is going to hold out six months to a year waiting list. I am in pain but I’m just not well and I’m getting more and more uncomfortable because I can feel the swelling in my right side and my ribs are very sore. I just don’t know what to do am I am I expected to wait until my gallbladder ruptures, or anything else I don’t know . im going to bed every night worried am i going to wake up very ill because its ruptured. i just feel im being left (the gp is great and if it wasnt for him then i wouldnt even be having regular blood test or the previous scans. Is there anyone who can give me advice?

my family have said just turn up at a&e but i cant imagine it will acheive anything .

if its any help at all the tests that are showing up abnormal are -

Serum C Reactive protein Level - 10mg/L

Serum Total Bilirubin Level- 4 umol/L

many thanks xx

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.