Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am way overdue having my hip replaced due to arthritis. I am a 53 yr old man, who has been waiting for a new hip for an age now. whilst waiting i acquired another charming health problem in the form of A.F. since this diagnosis my hip operation has taken a back seat, which has, with time made my hip pain almost unbearable. But, although the hip pain is bad, my whole leg is in pain, the swelling above my knee is quite severe, making me completely unable to walk even one step. I also cannot stand for long, and if i do my leg locks at the hip, and above the knee causing horrendous pain until they unlock. Has anyone else had this problem and how have they dealt with it.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

so sorry you have to go thru so much to cope with two major issues at the same time. the pain can be overwhelming from hip osteoarthritis, especially if there are other hip complications. i hope you are supplied with pain meds so you can function. its difficult to imagine that something isn't done to help make you comfortable . what other if any ongoing complications do you have with your hip?

AF do you mean arterial fibulation. do you take medication for it? are you stabilized enough to have surgery? or are there other complications? it doesn't make sense to me that your just left out in limbo .

I need more info to answer your issue . at this point just a logical response would be to replace your hip joint follow thru on rehab and recovery while addressing the AF with a beta or channel blocker treatment for AF.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.