pain a week after laparospic surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all 6 days ago i had my tubes and ovaries removed laparospicaly. Came home on day 3 my dressings were never changed and i have been in pain still. Today i took fressings off the lower one was just a hole no stitches so i went to my gp. A year ago i had my uterus and crevix removed and had sceptacemia so guess im being carrful this time. She put sterisrips on the hole and sent me for bloods also gave me antibiotics. Does anyone else have info for me i feel like sh*t 😂, sorry but no other way to put it my tummy is swollen it hurts and it feels like my insides ate on fire i told dr this . Anyone else had this feeling i would really love some advice

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'd push to be thoroughly checked out at the hospital if I were you. Not worth taking any chances, especially if you've had issues in the past. I went for my pre op today (I'm going for laparoscopic hysterectomy Thursday) and they gave me the paperwork with things to watch out for...sounds like you need to call the hospital hun, if nothing else you'll have peace of mind and maybe they can adjust your meds.

Hope you get better very soon!

• Posted

Hi Josy hope you don't mind me asking how long did you wait for ur op are you having key hole also

• Posted

Hi Annie, I was finally referred for a hysterectomy in September so it's been a few months wait, once I saw the consultant I got a date fairly quickly. Are you waiting for a date or for referral?

• Posted

Oh, helps if I reply to the other question too. The plan is to have a total hysterectomy via laparoscopy but I have a lot of adhesions etc so everything was stuck in one big messy clump last time I had surgery so I'm prepared for anything. Whatever they have to do, they have to do.

• Posted

Hi again josy Iam the the same as you all messed up in side plus endemtrosis spelt wrong Iam having to have two surgeons also as things are all stuck together Iam having a two way cut on my stomach I see gyne sept then again Dec I should be having op on 6th April they did say at first June.
    • Posted

Same as me, severe adhesions and endo. I'm 33, I've had a laparotomy and 9 laparoscopies, I had my Fallopian tubes removed 3 years ago leaving everything else in place for IVF which didn't work out for me so here I am. I'm having mine done at a private hospital as they wanted me to have the best surgeon thanks to my previous complications so I'm convinced my surgery is going to be converted to open surgery but I suppose I'll know soon enough. How are you feeling about open surgery? April will be here before you know it! It seemed to be taking forever but all of a sudden my date is almost here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.