Pain after removal stent

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I was just looking for someone who had a similar situation and maybe some advice. I had a 12 mm stone take it out eight days ago and I had a stent removed it day seven however, I have severe pain and bloating since the removal of the stent I did call my doctor they said that was normal, but the pain is very intense and I thought I would ask this community and see if anyone had a similar situation or some advice. Thank you so much.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Jocelyn, i am in the same boat as you but further into the process. i had my stent placed September 1st and was removed on the 7 th because i couldnt stand the pain any more. i felt better after having it removed but that didnt last long. after a day of relief the discomfort and pain in the bladder came back. they also told me it was normal and that it should subside. its been over a month and im still in pain. im going to call the doctor on monday to be seen again. i have searched everywhere for answers and cant find an explanation for why i still feel this way. the pain fluctuates from intensity of 5 to an 8.

i too would love to have an explanation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.