Pain and what can I do for relief !

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm in horrible pain 24/7. I can't take acetaminophen because liver is third dead and can't take nsaids cause of water retention or steroids like methylprednisolone. I had shoulder , two back surgeries cancelled and both knee replacements because they are bone on bone. I take 75 mcg fentanyl patches every 72 hours ,20 mg oxycodone every 4 hours and 15mg ir morphine every 8 hours 1mg xanax 3 times daily and still alot of pain and no relief in site. No surgeries to help cause the risk of infection. Every joint in my body has osteoarthritis and I'm covered in bone spurs all over body joints and spine ,feet. Brusitis in every joint. I have pain flare ups all the time. I can't sleep and PTSD and panic and anxiety attacks are kicking my butt. Can't continue this because it's killing me. Wish I could just get 1 good night's sleep. Miss working and SSD case is at 3 1/2 years with no answer. Losing everything but my wife and kids keep me going. If anyone knows of any relief please let me know. I'm even on medical cannibis but can't afford it and it really helps. So long for now. Laters and good luck to everyone

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello, my heart goes out to you. Living in so much pain is hard to explain to others what you deal with on a moment to moment basis. Just know you aren’t alone. 

Have you tried any non inflammatory diets such as a keto diet? It sounds like you have tried all the medical and prescription medication you can do. But maybe looking at a different angle such as your diet and supplements? I know supplements are expensive but there is very simple ones out there that help with pain and inflammation. My suggestion would be is to go to a nutritionist and just give it a shot. It will take time to get relief but if all else fails it will help you liver so you can have the medication and possibly the surgery’s if you get your immune system back up. I hope this helped you in some way! 

• Posted

Thx Molly for answering. My step brother is into what you are talking about and I tried changing and doing just exactly what you talked about. It helped a little but not much. Finally won my social security disability appeal so now I'm gonna try acupuncture and messages and see if it will help.

• Posted

Yes I have tried this option and with no luck. I have to be careful because of the water retention. One day I pray that something will help. Thx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.