Pain between eyebrows

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, i am at a bit of a loss here. 

Starting a couple of months ago, I've been experiencing pain between my eyebrows when i engage in an activity where i need to focus. I usually notice it the most when i'm at work (reading labels while moving) and when i'm in front of a computer. Also, looking up feels somewhat uncomfortable. I know this sounds like your typical eye strain, but i've taken countermeasures to combat it(using f.lux on my computer and renewing my glasses 6 months ago, fixing my room lighting and using eye drops). Sometimes the back of my head(scalp) also hurts and it's even tender sometimes(it hurts when i lay down on a pillow)

To make things worse it feels like i'm not present when this kicks in. Like my brain goes into spiral and I end up doing something that i didn't mean to do in the first place (i.e going the opposite direction before catching myself and just the feeling of not being in full control). Also, when i feel the headache it's very difficult to focus(i feel like i'm "slow"wink, leading to the events i mentioned above. 

My doctor thinks that it's tension headache and the cause of the tension is due to my IBS-C (he also diagnozed this). In short he wants me to take Elavil (an antidepressant) and I really don't want to rely on it. Also i would like to note that i have an eye coordination problem since i was a kid. I still have the problem today(one of my eyes tend to wander off a different direction) I do wear glasses since I can't see far away. I feel like this could be my problem, I am not sure anymore. 

I've ruled out a couple of things already, I could control my IBS with including fiber to my diet. Also, I don't think it's a decongestion issue and to make sure i've been using a humidifier in my room for a while now. 

The only thing I could think of that might be related is the fact that it might have to do with my neck. I say this because my neck do feel stiff(not enough to worry about it) at times and it used to "lock in" I changed my chair a couple of days ago and I am changing my sitting pattern to a healthier one. The only reason why i brought this up is because my work involves heavy lifting sometimes. 

Has anyone else experienced something similar before? Any type of advice would be greatly appreciated. I am only 21 years old and i'm healthy. I do go to the gym regularly and my work keeps me on my toes.

Thank you for your time. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think you are right John it does sound like a neck problem. Have u seen a physio?
    • Posted

I have not, and the more i think about it my shoulders/neck feel stiff all the time, it's like it can't relax at all. I'm running out of ideas as to what it could be. My doctor's solution is to take the antidepressants, but I don't think that will solve anything(I didnt know that the medication was an antidepressant until i received the medication). I do have an appointment with him a couple of weeks from now but I'm not sure if i should go or not because he's expecting that i started taking the medication, in which case I didn't.

• Posted

sounds like you have pseudomyopia/accomodative spasm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.