Pain doing the deed

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have recently been diagnosed and really find it difficult to manage the symptoms of FMS but the worst thing for me is sex is now painful! Does anyone else experience this and is it common? Any tips? The Dr is sending me for tests just Incase it isn't fibro related but she's 90% sure it is rolleyes 

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi I noticed the day after and right after I be in so much pain. It helps that me partner is so understanding but it's so frustrating. It's ine of those topics your almost to embarrassed to talk about lol. Unfortunately I have no tips as I am suffering with it to. But I tend to have the electric blanket on to help but I usually just suffer on 😣

Here's hoping u get some tips n sure with me too 😊👍🏼 xx

• Posted

Yeah il guess il have too communicate with my partner, hopefully he'll be understanding like yours. Thanks smile 
    • Posted

Hi bowprincipessa. I also had the same problem during sex in the early stages of fms I was told the cause of pain was loose tissue from the wall of my vagina  had attached itself between my bladder and my bowel it's called adhesions they had to cut it away it was such a relief for a few years then I found I had endometriosis and had a hysterectomy  I also have had occurring vaginal thrush that was painful cream from your doctor and drinking cranberry juice will help I also have a very understanding partner 

hope you find out what the cause is soon 

take care

Shirl x

• Posted

Hi,

Long before I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia I had the same problem which was getting worse and worse. I saw my GP who sent me for tests. They discovered I had Endometriosis and the only symptom I had was increasingly painful sex. Just a thought. 

Good luck.

• Posted

How sad to note that sex has become a problem for you. I'm afraid I can't comment on this. Fortunately because I am single & therefore don't participate 😀 However, the thought of the sex act makes me think ouch!!! Far too much pain in the act itself. 😀 Hope there are some answers for you in this difficult situation. Good luck!'
  • Posted

Definitely. Really sad can't get up to the same chandelier swinging I used to. Twerking is out now.

sadly! 

I can't play the piano now

i couldn't before though.

• Posted

Hi bowprincepessa; even though it's hard to admit (and admire you for being so open on a public forum), I too have found that the muscles on the upper vaginal wall do hurt during intercourse......I have been to docs and had PAP etc, and as have had previous Endometriosis, with similar symptoms, this was not the case here.   As am past the fertile years of my life, have been told that I should not be experienceing any symptoms of Endometriosis  (but it does feel like same, and wonder if using Oestrogen Pessaries would cause same....have been told NO).....I for one would be interested in knowing what your results are??......(considered sending this privately, but felt if you can talk re same, then it may help other females, too)???......................Bron
    • Posted

Thanks smile il definitely keep you in the know, shame the NHS takes so bloody long. I think it's a good thing to be public about, it's a horrible thing to be going through alone. Hope you get the answers you need too smile 
  • Posted

Yes, I have been diagnosed for the last 9 years. Have been with my husband for over 14 years and way back when we could go at it 3 times a day without issue and now once a day is all I can handle... sometimes for a day or two, sometimes for a week. I think it started about 5 or 6 years ago.

To be honest, I have to spend time really getting myself worked up beforehand just so it won't be as painful but regardless the start still is because everything feels so tight and the friction feel tripled. When spontaneity is involved, I just have to deal with the pain. My husband doesn't want to hurt me but it can be difficult for a man to understand the 'when' of it all. It's hard to understand that we don't know when we are going to feel pain.

• Posted

Thanks so much for sharing, so sad we have to go through this. I'm glad I know it's not just me now! ❤️
  • Posted

Just Incase ya wanted to know, it was an underlying health problem, but symptoms exaggerated and made worse by fibro! Joy. At least it was helpful for diagnosing something else hey! Hope your all well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.