Pain following on from Myomectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, 

I had a myomectomy on 15th April and signed off work for 10 weeks.  I'm now fully back to work but still experiencing some pains in my tummy.  I know that one fibroid was left behind (I had 14, largest measuring 10cms) because it was small and in an awkward place and just wondering if anyone in a similar situation still gets pains? My pains are generally in the ovary area, each side taking it in turns to hurt. Last couple of days it's been my left ovary area and now Im making frequent trips to bathroom to pass not that much urine and also have strong back pain just above lower back sad

Feel like almost my fibroids could have come back with these pains i'm having.  Can they come back so soon? Or perhaps it's just my insides are still sore and healing. Is it normal to feel all this after this length of time?

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Dear MissBurbs,

I had a myomectomy on March 3rd (7 fibroids) and yes I still have pain.(frequent urination)  However, mine is in the lower stomach above each thigh.  I will have to go back to my doctor where another procedure will be performed to clean the uterus out.(scar tissue/other)  MissBurbs you might need to make another appointment with your doctor. (my doctor had me come back monthly from March to June)    I wish you the best of luck and to put your mind at ease you should make a follow-up appointment.

• Posted

Hi there, thanks for replying.  I think we have pain in the same area then.  Mine is lower tummy on each side. I am going back to my consultant next week. I just couldn't wait til Sept like she said. 

Thanks smile 

• Posted

Dear MissBurbs,

I hope everything went well with you appointment.  I keep wearing the support they gave me and I hope with time the pain will disappear.  Overall, I feel much better than before, just working hard to get back in shape. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.