Pain in belly button especially when bending over

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi, I'm male, 40 years old and have pain around the belly button when I bend over. The pain is a short stabbing pain but quickly disappears when i change position, I have no other symptoms what could this be?

possible hernia?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

it is a possibility as well as pulled nerve/muscle.

you defo need to pay a visit to your gp

• Posted

can you get a pulled muscle around the belly button?

• Posted

Hi James,I just had to reply to this, as i have recently had something similar,

I had a pain around my belly button,, it was worse when i bent over too, could feel a pain just to the right of it, , it was driving me mad wondering what it was i even visited GP who told me it was nothing, anyway i noticed that it started to feel saw, and there was a bad smell from it (Sorry gross i know 😦 ..... ( i have an inny type belly button) and found that i had an infection inside my belly button, it turned out to be a Thrush infection as id has a course of anti biotics a while before, which can cause or bring on thrush, After another course of anti biotics it went away, I still now have to make sure its really clean & then dry it really well after a shower etc, but have had no problems since,

Just a thought?

• Posted

Hello.. I had these exact same symptoms earlier but i have had this pain since 3 months, i took 2 courses of antibiotics but the pain has not gone. How much time did your lain take to go? I have done ultrasound and CT scan. It shows no abnormalities. Please reply. I am in such a despair with that pain.

• Posted

have you had an utra sound scan done on you gallbladder may be gallstones

• Posted

No not yet, im on holiday in Cornwall so need to make an appointment with my own GP when i get back. i saw a doctor down here and he said it could be a hernia, but i have no bulge, only pain.

I'm worried what it could be.

• Posted

The pain could be any number of things. Best to see your doctor.

• Posted

Did you ever find out what it was? I have the same thing, pain in my belly button when bending over. I also noticed the skin around it is more sensitive too, when i press on the right side of my belly button too. I thought it might be a hernia too but i have no bulge. I've had it about 4 months. My doctor said it was related to the nerves but im not sure why one area of nerves would do that.

• Posted

Hi Kiwirose,

I have exactly the same as you, did you find out the casue as I am still suffering.

regards

• Edited

Did you find out what it was? I have these symptoms too and have had it weeks.

• Posted

Hi sorry for the late reply, i never found out what it was that caused it, but it eventually went away on it own. however its back again so I can only presume its some kind of hernia, nerve or muscle. its definitely worse with bending and activity.

the good news i suppose is that mine previously disappeared and hopefully for you and me it will go again.

I hope you and everyone else on this thread are well.

David

• Posted

did anyone ever find out what was causing their pain? I've had this for months

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.