pain in left arm, armpit and breast

Posted , 3 users are following.

bad, bad pain in all my left arm, under my armpit even burns. Also on the side of my breast is very sensative. I feel numbness and tiggling in my arm. I am scared it could be cancer or signs of a stoke.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Dear Lynda,  the first thing that you should do is go and see yr doctor,  tell him/her all your symptoms, and tell them that you want to be refered to the breast clinic, also ask for a referal letter to be sent, as your very worried about your symptoms,( when you phone these departments tell then that there is a letter on its way)   I.e. I know that it's easy for me to say, but please try not to panic,  the numbness and tingling that yr feeling, is prob, nothing, the signs of breast cancer ( my mam had breast cancer). Is NO tingling or numbness at all.  They only way she found the lump was by touch,  I  myself found a lump when I was staying in hospital with my mam, I couldn't tell her what I had found, ( at the time she was very ill, and I didn't want to worry her)  I went to my doc and she found the  lump, size of a large marble, painful and tender,I had a mamogram and also  a ultrasound scan turned out to be cysts.  bUt 

i also phoned the local breast clinic and asked to be put on their cancellation list. ( also phoned the mamogramms unit and also asked to be put on their cancellation list) all these symptoms sound to me like its cysts. Could be age related,  but it is best to be checked out for sure.  If you need any other advice or just to talk message me and I'll do all I can to help you ok, all the best, liz

• Posted

thank you so much elizabeth, you're right I have to see my doctor, will do next week . Will post my results
  • Posted

I am having the exact symptoms. It started under my left armpit and went to the nipple. I never felt a lump but went to my doctor. She ordered a mammogram which came back normal. They also did an ultrasound which was also normal. So another month goes by and the pain has constantly gotten worse, waking me most nights and the numbness and tingling goes to my fingertips. Then about a week ago my nipple has started denting a little so I went back to my doctor and they have set me up with a surgeon to do a biopsy......not sure what they will biopsy since I still don't feel any lumps. But it does feel swollen under my arm. They gave me 800 mg motrine 3x a day which calms the pain but does not last long. I will let you know the outcome here. Please let me know whatever you find out. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.