Pain in My Feet

Posted , 4 users are following.

For a couple of days I've had this annoying pain in the balls of my feet. I'm thinking it might be because of the 1 hour walk I did with heavy items in my backpack two days ago or me walking in rain puddles for a while without being able to dry off my feet or put on a different pair of shoes. I'm not sure what caused it, to be honest.

My main symptoms are pain in the balls of my feet (on my left this morning it was my whole foot which caused me to put on a foot/ankle brace), and when I'm off my feet for a little while I'll feel little pins and pricks in my feet. My feet also feel somewhat swollen when they really aren't. Can anyone help me with this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like plantar fiscullitas or coppers foot..as it's called because they walk the beat..I had it once had to walk on grass as much as possible..it does eventually go away thank god took a few weeks though. .it's caused by an inflammation of the plantar tendon under the foot which stretches from heal to toes like a hand and fingers.I rolled my foot over a rolling pin helped a little..

• Posted

I have to agree with Shirley. It sounds like plantar fasciitis. I use a ball to to under my foot but wether it's a ball of rolling pin it helps alot. This condition can really hurt too. Be sure to wear good supporting shoes when you walk.

• Posted

KayZee1599, it sounds like shirley58023 & amkoffe are on the right track on this one. you said that your feet felt a little swollen even though they aren't. It may be that the tendon is swollen as you can't see it to tell but I do know one thing and it has proven true in alot of instances. Take one Ibuprophen & one Benadryl about 3 times a day as the Benadryl will help with the inflammation as swelling is caused by histamines and Benadryl is an antihistimine so that will help the swelling and the Ibuprophen is for pain and inflammation and it help to carry the antihistimine through the blood stream and outta the body so you can try that to see if you get some relief from the swelling feeling and should also help with pain a little then the exercises that were suggested with a rolling pin or ball maybe all these combinations will help you. I hope you get better real soon, keep us updated .

• Posted

I don't know how to edit posts - thanks so much guys for the input! I'll be sure to keep all of this in mind and I'll keep y'all posted!

• Posted

KayZee1599, you just hit the Reply button at the bottom of who you want to reply to and it lets you reply. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.