Pain in right side of throat near my Adam's apple

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi there,

once again, something strange with me...

My throat has been hurting for a few weeks. It started after a flu. I used to blew my nose a lot and then, the pain started.

It's not your typical sore throat, it's like a pain on the bottom right of the throat near of Adam's apple. It doesn't hurt when I swallow. It's only (sometimes) when i start speaking and when i yawn. Comes on and off, frequently everyday. The pain is like a little pinch and It's tolerable.

There's no swollen lymph node and i had recently a GERD (i'm still on Omeprazol)

I don't have any trouble when i weat or drink.

Am i the only one having those strange symptoms?

Thanks guys!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

The clue is "Used to blow my nose a lot". I think you have forced an infection into your Eustachian tube. This may resolve on its own or develop into earache. If it starts to become earache then do contact your doctor. Dont blow your nose hard. Always gently, even though its very tempting to try to clear your nose when you have a cold.

• Posted

But i don't have any earache...

it's only on the bottom of my throat.

Do you think it could be my thyroid or something like that?

• Posted

Nobody? Here's a picture showing where it hurts.

• Posted

I have something similar. I have had this since September. I have seen the ENT doctor back in January who said there was nothing sinister, but what is it? Sometimes I have to turn my neck to release something in my throat. Just like you I have no problem swallowing, I just don't know what it is.

• Posted

Have you seen the picture?

Does it hurts on the same spot?

That's very strange because it's only when i yawn or sometimes when i talk... I hope it's like your Doctor said, nothing sinister!

• Posted

Pain is still here...

When i yawn, sometimes when i speak and when i laugh...

I don't know what it is but i'm affraid...

• Posted

Hey mate, I had this for about a year after suffering with gerd, suddenly disappeared after drinking a hot drink and felt something almost burst (but not quite) During the pain I had an endoscopy which revealed nothing. Controlled my reflux (hernia induced) with omeprazole and after a reflux episode the pain is back. Did you ever get to the bottom of it?

• Posted

Am i the only one with those strange symptoms?

it hurts when i contract my throat (is a little bit hard to explain...)

I touched my throat a lot and it hurst much more today....

Do you think it's could be a cancer?

• Posted

I'll share some news although i'm the only one with those symptoms...

I went to my ENT. He checked my throat with a camera and said that it's some nerves pain.

Pain is here when i swallow too... It don't looks like a nerve pain but, i'm not a doctor, so let's trust her...

But i'm still worried.

• Posted

sounds a little bit like you might have something on your vocal cords if you have pain when talking. have you noticed any hoarseness?

although if the ENT looked inside your throat she should've noticed that. just a thought, i'm not a doctor.

• Posted

i don't have any hoarseness and the ent said that my vocal chords were normal.

It's muscular or nerve pain... but i can't stop thinking about it, cause it's still hurting when i speak loud, yawn and blow my nose.

• Posted

I have the exactly same thing, exactly, on the right side near the adam's apple, in the exactly same place you mentioned in the picture. I sneezed very violently, not to the outside, was more an internal thing, it caught me off guard. I felt an instant squeeze all over the front side of the throat, and intense pain instantly afterwards, after some minutes it was all right, but I couldn't almost talk from the pain. Now, one, two days after I sometimes fell an acute pain, it goes away, then comes back, I can talk, drink, eat, move my head normally, nothing hurts, for no particular reason the pain comes, two to five seconds very acute, goes away, 30 mins, two hours, five hours, twelve hours and it comes back again. It's coming in shorter and shorter periods, I'm scared I damaged something. Keep updating this thread, please.

• Posted

HI,

my doc said it was the nerves...

I have less pain now... She said i just have to wait until it goes away!

So don't worry, it's probably nothing at all!

• Posted

Hi all. I know this is an old thread but was this ever resolved. I'm feeling the same thing

Thansk

• Posted

Did you find out what this is. I have the same pain

• Posted

Hi, this started happening to me three days ago following a panic attack. I have had different similar stuff happen before that was stress-induced. One time it was a lymph node, another time it was a salivary gland.

I believe it to be a kind of inflammation due to persistent muscle tension in a certain area. I hope this turns out to be the same kind of thing, because they usually heal within a couple of weeks.

It is a new symptom to me as well, however. So I would love to hear if it was resolved for you? Mine prevents me from singing beyond a very limited range, where I usually have no trouble.

And same with the sharp, shocking pain when I expand my Adam's apple, but beneath it, inside the trachea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.