PAIN MEDICATION FOR FROZEN SHOULDER AND RELATED PAIN

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Anyone that reads this now or in the future. give some one some help. if you have FS and you are using pain medication or any other pain relief. post what you do as a reference to aid other people that are new to the hideous condition.

i will start the post with a self reply

colin

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

from myself.

Ice as pain relief. my go to weapon is the aircast cryo IC cuff for the shoulder. give you up to 8 hours pain relief as a distraction from the pain.

after work when you ache so much it just soothes the shoulder

colin

• Posted

here is another one. with a frozen shoulder in the winter when its cold and you just ache something rotten.

i found from USA. the mend me shop. i used the T-shellz shoulder brace for deep tissue. its electro magnetic and targets deep into the joint and it has a heat setting.

it gave me a warm start each morning its timed for 30 min sessions and i used it when i drove to work each morning

colin

• Edited

rock tape / KT tape.

i have this applied each time i had sport massage into the joint.

it just set the muscles around the shoulder and supported the area in general.

when applied tight it stopped me actually holding the shoulder capsule and reduced the ache.

see picture

colin

• Posted

seems it down to me.

here is a controversial one

physiotherapy

it is the marmite time you either love it or you hate it. Me I depend on it at the end of every week having such a hard job it just gives me the release in the shoulder to relax me that one little bit.

and i kept the capsule as open as i could. all be it in Immense pain or ache.

colin

• Posted

distractions

applying lotions or creams to the skin to distract the pain.

Rock source part of the rock type which I show pictures of you can use this as a primer for the skin or you can put it over the tape really stinky nice and warm and distracts.

Biofreeze applied after a sports massage to cool down the area worked. kind of a cold menthol feel.

udder mint completely off the cuff. Used to sanitise cow udders made from Japanese peppermint oil it makes you smell like a stick of rock in a hot cold way really effective

colin

• Posted

Hi Colin. Don't you use any prescribed painkillers at all ?

• Posted

Hi Julie

nice to see a new person arrive. it mixes it up a bit.

lol

ho yes all 800,000 mg of them. i have all the NHS prescriptions listed as i am claiming all costs back.

that amount was over 43 months. usually pm so i could try and go to sleep ( yer right). more like lay awake waiting for the sun to come up.

i have tried all sorts to not take pain killers. we all know the 500/30 box dont we.

my mail weapon was the ice machine

killed the pain instantly.

are you a fellow sufferer as well

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.