pain stiffness and discomfort in my right leg

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 28 years old...I've been having this pain from the right side of my hip down to my feet, the pain is usually dull, my leg feels stiff and numb, and I get the feeling of want to stretch it.

No swelling or anything visible or to be felt.

First the pain was on my arm last Monday after a typhoid shot, lasted for 3 days, but that's gone now and is now on the leg area, so not sure if it is related.

I also get frequent anxiety, heart palpitations, feel down and tense, could mental health be cause pain like this? The more I think of it, the worse it gets. When I walk, I don't limp, but my mind notices it and reminds me making it ache or feel weird and tired. The pain was mostly on my hip, but seems to be more worse on the lower leg and feet today.

I can say I have no diabetes, had blood tests urine tests ecg and chest x-rays a few months back, and they say I'm physically healthy.

I had been carrying heavy load at work, but nothing I found straneous..

I just find this pain annoying and hard to get rid of, and even while sitting down, not thinking anything, I get short anxiety attacks, and my leg hurts.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Could be bursitis in your hip. Or maybe a pinched nerve and that's why it's traveling down your leg. You might do well with some physical therapy. I would definitely try to relax about it and not allow it to affect you emotionally as much as you can. Anxiety attacks are not going to do anything to help it. And I know telling you to not have an anxiety attack is Ludacris but you might try some relaxation exercises to help ease your mind so that you don't have the anxiety attacks.

• Posted

Hi Redwolf887

Occassionally pain in the hip is referred pain from the lumbosacral region of the spine..the lower spine. I would go to the doc and ask to be referred to an orthopaedic consultant for xrays on your hip and lumbosacral area.....or you could go to your local A & E for an x-ray...but they may ask you if you have had a fall...if you have not had a fall they will not x-ray you..so you would be better off being referred by your doc to Orthopaedics...best wishes...

• Posted

Hi, to me your description indicates to me you are most likely handling much responsibility that may require you to make decisions and go forward with solutions you may not believe are right or are premature. Your body is telling you it is over taxed in some way. You may be feeling so excited to be dealing and handling important issues with your work but be aware that your body wants you to change something, or is not working quite ok. So many possibilities that is causing this for you. The most important thing for you is to not ignore these issues but to Persue what is happening to you! Be aggressive in your search for your well being. Maybe find a website that can offer you what might be going on with the symptoms you have, then take it from there. Do not take for granted your health because of your age! Best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.