pain thet's not going away

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been having pain for more than a month now .... it was a UTI that has spread to my kidney I'm taking my antiobiotics for it it's day 3 and still not that much of recovery my urine test indicated blood and high uric acid and (+) bacteria and ESR was very high .... is it normal that recovery is really slow and i'm not feeling better fast 

Besides i have mild swollen lymph glands and i feel very tired and lost some weight 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi the antibiotics may take up to 5 days to kick in so stay with it and take the on time, I've been through it all so I know patients is the rule. Do the full course give it 5 days and do another test, the first may or may not work it took me 9 months so you just have to keep going and one day it will go.  Good luck and keep smiling theres no point in giving in to it.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply 

to be honest it's depressing me cos i needta get back to work after a week and i cant do that in this state ..... today is day five exactly and I'm not really better my joints ache me I was thinking well yeah maybe it does take a while to recover so i guess being patient is the answer 

Thanks for your words 

• Posted

Hi Sarah, am in a similar situation to you and understand how worrying and debiliating it is Feel free to drop me a line if you want. I was put on antibiotics but they dont help at all, and it was only a three day course anyway. How are you at the moment?
    • Posted

hi J. dId you have a uti that spread teo kidneys? HOW ARE YOU NOW?
    • Posted

well i don't feel that better it's day 5 antibiotics BUT before the pain was horrible and I would have episodes of pain now it's less but the back pain is still there (which is the worst thing) 

the urination status is fine cos I'm making sure to drink plenty of water so there is no problem for me while urinating 

3 days antibiotics are so not enough to treat a kidney infection at least a week till you may start feeling ok 

don't ignore yourself not to scare you but recovery will be way easier for you if you get early and better treatment, try to drink plenty and plenty of water it helps aswell in reducing the pain 

• Posted

Hi, just looking at the discussion on your page. I beleave you have to take a firm hand of your own case because as we all know doctors are busy and they don't know if things arn't going as well as you expect until you tell them or results of tests land on the computer then they have to look, get as many tests done as you think you need so you know if things are ok or not, ring the doctors and ask for the results if there not good make sure the doctor knows and get another treatment. lts your body so take control and dont leave it to them because your 1 patient of a possible 10000, if you know a treatment isn't working don't wait get a test done. The bad back seems to be a womans simptom more than a man so try and get that eased with somthing it'll make you feel happier if nothing else.. chin up and carry on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.