Pain under right ribs for the past 2.5 months, gallbladder removed 7 months ago.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been experiencing constant pain under my right ribs for the past 2.5 months. It's under my ribs, just below/under my right breast. I had my gallbladder removed 7 months ago, but was completely fine for months after (removed due to chronic cholecystitis). I have had blood work for liver and kidney function, as well as CBC, CRP, and so on. The only area that was high was my CRP. I have also had ultrasounds, and MRI, and a CT scan. They didn't show anything other than lesions on my liver that are thought to be benign. I have been back to the surgeon who removed my gallbladder but after reviewing everything, he doesn't think it has anything to do with the surgery. I have seen a chiropractor who doesn't think its my ribs. My family doctor has no ideas. Ive also been to the ER and was checked for a blood clot through more blood tests, EKG, and a chest x-ray - all came back fine. The pain is constant, but much worse when I'm sitting or laying down on anywhere but my back. I don't have any other GI symptoms or referred pain to my shoulder. The pain feels like inflammation and soreness. It fluctuates with long sharp pain. I don't feel anything too tender when I push anywhere in the area or on my ribs. I am at a loss and am looking to see if anyone has had similar and has received answers. It's affecting my mental health due to it becoming worse and having no doctor to investigate further.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.