Painful feet

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have had painful feet in the morning, they hurt when I try to stand or walk on them. This eases off a little but still aches all day and night. This has been going on for over a year. I had an ultra sound scan which came back fine. My own doctor said it's just my fibro, does anyone else have this problem?

Aabb

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes I do have same problem it takes me about an hour just to really walk.
  • Posted

It's terrible eh. Do you take anything for it or do you have any advise how to help it?

Aabb

• Posted

No advise they just look at me like Im crazy.I just ease into standing up and pray I have a good day.
  • Posted

This isn't really a diagnosis site, but you could check out plantar fascitis and possibly go visit a podiatrist as they know loads about feet. Fibro can indeed cause foot pain as can arthritis, I'm not sure what causes mine but it's in the night if I get up or first thing in the am but it eases when I get going. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Ps when you have FM it's easy for medics (and us) to put everything in that box and sometimes it doesn't fit or it's important to check out that it does fit!
  • Posted

I have had a similar problem since october last year, my pain and tenderness are in both ankles especially along the tendon at the back of my ankle and all I got told was i'll always be in pain its depends on the severity of it on a daily basis. I've had x-rays on them but came back clear.
  • Posted

I get the sore feet thing too, but not all the time. Really weird that the bottoms of my feet are sore. I also get a very sore 'bum'. Any one else getting a sore bum?

Are there not any 'celebrities' with FM? I mean 'A' List. If there were, someone might come up with a cure for it. Michael J. Fox did wonders for Parkinson's Disease; Linda McCartney for Breast Cancer. Any others?

I have begun to wonder if it's because there are so many sufferers, that slimy politicians will not allow the majority of us to claim disability benefits!! What do you think?

• Posted

Yes, Ive had pain in my muscles joints for a while now and just delt with it thinking its old age. What eventually caused me to see a Rheumatologist was my bumm and my hip area started hurting pretty bad at night or if i sat too long (at a restuarant) also down the back of both legs to my feet which would burn. He ruled out arthritis ( even tho an MRI showed it in my spine yrs ago) and did alot of blood work to no avail. He diagnosed fibro 3wks ago and put me on gabapentin 300. The very first night was a HUGE difference. Ive slept like a baby since then. Stiff stiff during the day tho. Yes i also would like to know if any celebrities have this!
  • Posted

I've only just been able to get the ESA and I didn't want to admit it but yep I too get a sore bum. I applied for disability benefits 8 months ago and still waiting.
  • Posted

Yes. I've got fibro and lately I've had pain in the soft tissue around the ankles and in the arches of my feet. Really hurts with slight pressure. Also have calf pain with it as well. Always worse 1st thing in morning although does ease but only slightly,

Not has it checked yet but I think probably part of firbro symtons,

• Posted

I have found by taking expired or an old soup in the freezer and then every morning rolling on the bottom of my feet to help with the pain, I sure hope this helps you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.