Painful herpes lesions

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm having the worst time of my life. Physically. Emotionally. I just went to the doctor yesterday because of the painful sores on my vagina. He said its herpes. But we're still waiting on the blood exam results. He already gave me anti viral (valaciclovir) 2nd day of taking it. No improvement. Just pure pain!

I honestly don't know what to do anymore. Its making me feel depressed. I just need people to talk to on how they managed it.

Thank you!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It's a very hard thing to deal with it sucks and hurts but it's not the end if the world.. my Dr told me that like 80% of America has some sort of HSV rather it be 1 or 2. For my initial outbreak I took ALOT of baths. I would soak for hours.. also used an ice pack and lots of pain reliever until I got to the dr and was diagnosed. Then was started on Valtrex and it was a life saver.. noticed improvements within 2 days.. after my first out break within a month I had 2 followImg outbreaks but they weren't as bad as the first one.. Dr went ahead and started me on a daily maintaince dose. I was depressed

• Posted

Feel free to message me if you'd like! I'll help as much as possible.. I need someone to talk to that understands what is going on with me as well

• Posted

Try taking L-Lysine it's an over the counter vitamin I take 1000mg daily and I've only had the initial OB 2 years ago I don't do anything else. I don't know if taking the L-Lysine it what's stopping it but it's worth giving it a try.

I remember my OB and yes it was horrible and I cried and still cry but it only gets better from here 😊 once I realized I wasn't alone and the world didn't end it's better for me.

I'm with a man now that loves me even with this so trust me it's not the end. Once you get past this stage it does get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.