Painful Lesions formed on Labia after getting diagnosed with BV, is it related??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was experiencing intense itching on my vulva to the point of discomfort along with inflammation and tenderness. I assumed it was a yeast infection and used an antifungal solution to treat at home which did help to alleviate my symptoms a bit but I made an appointment with a gyno to be sure. They confirmed that it was likely a combination of a yeast infection AND BV and per-scribed me antibiotics along with another antifungal in pill form. They also gave me an sti screening for chlamidya and gonnorea which I'm still waiting on the results for from the lab. I'm on day 6 of taking the medicine and the itching and inflammation has gone down but I noticed my labia was still feeling really tender. When I looked closer I saw the pain was coming from these little lesions on the inside of my labia (I'm attaching a photo). They are different sizes and don't seem to be filled with any puss or liquid so I don't think they're herpes. I have multiple sexual partners but always use condoms. Any ideas what these could be?? Is this some kind of symptom of BV???image image

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

An update: the chlamidya and Gonnorehea lab results came back negative. My symptoms of itching and tenderness have gotten better but have not completely subsided yet, and i noticed sexual activity aggravates them. I'm going to obstain for a week and see what happens.

• Posted

Honestly very hard to tell from the photos as they are far and unclear but it does not look like BV. Could be HPV or genital skin tag, you should consult with your doctor of course.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.