Painful ribs

Posted , 2 users are following.

I fell on the ice just before christmas.

It hurt a lot but didn't see doctor or go to hospital as here in the UK, I couldn't get a gp appointment. My gp is booked up for 3 weeks, can't get past reception.

I banged my coccyx bone, which still hurts after walking a long distance, but also had a cold with a cough, which could have further hurt my ribs

now 4 weeks later after my fall, I have developed pain in my upper left rib. I've had the pain 2 weeks. . I don't know if it's related to the fall I had..

left hand side upper ribs.

it's painful to touch the area, slightly swollen and hurts to move, hurts a lot when I cough. Not seen gp as receptionist says take painkillers and rest.

Ibuprofen doesn't touch the pain, nor does paracetamol.

I've had the pain 2 weeks now.

Anyone else had anything like this,

female 44 non smoker and slim and active.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Tulip... obviously I cant say what is causing this for sure but I think you may have cracked a rib. can you get to A/E for an xray? You should tell all your symptoms... painful coccyx included. Can you ask for a call back from your GP? He/she may then refer you to A/E which is a quicker route.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.