Painful sex for years and pelvic pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone could shed some light on this. I will try and keep it as short as I can!

For approx 10 years now I have suffered with pelvic pain (mainly lower stomach but occasionally lower back). For around the amount of time sex has been painful. At first it used to just be from deep penetration, but more recently I wince on insertion. I have had numerous internal and external exams and tests - all of which have come back negative. I had a laparoscopy 2 years ago which showed nothing untoward.

More recently I feel as though something has been pressing on my bladder and I constantly have an urge to urinate. I have had 2 UTI's in the last 3 months which I have never suffered with before. I am now also getting blood during ovulation (not spotting, but pure blood). Also an abundance of discharge every day - mainly watery.

I am at a complete loss as cannot seem to get a diagnosis. Doctors suspect I have IBS which one has suggested may be contributing to the painful sex, but that wouldn't surely explain the other symptoms?!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated xx

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi honey, I am wondering if you are suffering with a condition called Vaginismus? I have primary vaginismus, you could very well have secondary. Please research and see if it matches up with the symptoms you are describing, if you have any questions feel free to get in touch with me, I'd be more than happy to help. I know what it's like. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.