Painless difficulty to empty bladder and abdominal pain.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been facing this problem since past 5 months. Difficulty to empty my bladder but no pain at all. At first I thought it was UTI but the doctor confirmed that I am not having UTI. No kidney stones found from the x-ray. During this 5 months period, I had abdominal (stomach) cramps for twice which started to happen while I was sleeping after having my meal.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

This might sound crazy but I too find that I do not empty my bladder at first go. I have a little trick which helps every time, First you need to completely relax, I put something very cold or a wet cold cloth at the base of my spine and within seconds it helps to void the rest!!! Hope this helps. I did tell my urologist that I do this and he was non committal,
    • Posted

So you are also having a difficulty to empty your bladder? You basically do that everytime? Btw, how old are u?
    • Posted

Lynn69494 is correct...I think you will need to go to a Urologist, and possibly get a cystascope....There may be a blockage or something... have you tried warming a hot water bottle and holding it on your bladder, and turn the bathroom faucet on ?  Sometimes just hearing the water from the faucet helps me go at times...  God Bless you.
  • Posted

You dont say if youve had a cystascope, which is the best way to find out what could be causing the problem.  Some times l dont empty my bladder fully, at times l do simular tactic, but use a wad of kitchen roll held close under urethral opening, preferably warm and it helps emptying, but it was seen on my recent cystascope lve some small pockets on inner bladder wall that l guess hold on to small amount of urine. Yours could be something different with also have cramps and in connection after meals, maybe try a small plain meal before bedtime to see if it helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.