Pancreas

Posted , 7 users are following.

after 10 months of going to doctors and hospital and they did nothing, have now been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on the tail which is inoperable and spread, now they want to listen to me, but it's to late I don't have long left, I am disgusted with them, they wanted to do biopsy I said not likely because it won't make any difference only more discomfort for me, I knew this would happen, I have been let down and they still won't learn by there mistakes that not everyone has the same symptoms......

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Awe lynn so sorry to here that  are you sure its too late  

?? THEY MIGHT BE SOMETHING THEY CAN DO DONT GIVE UP HOPE YOUR FAMILY LOVE YOU AND YOU LOVE THEM ALL THE BEST DOLL 

Am going to ma first appointment in january for ma consultant xxx

• Posted

The hospital that I am under don't do any of the operations on the pancreas, but they did contact one that does and even they said there is nothing that can be done. If only they had listened to me, I had inflamed pancreas in November of 2011 and it never felt right then, I paid for a MRI back in March that did not show up anything and then I even paid for an ultrasound in April and that never showed anything.......
    • Posted

So sorry to hear that lynn but dont give up hope doll how did you finally know that you had cancer if you dont mind me.asking xxxxx
    • Posted

From a ct scan, they did respect my wishes that I don't want to know before Christmas, I had been having flank pain for about 2 years now it's also upper back in between shoulders, I have never had any abdominal pain or jaundice, had dark urine on and off for about 2 years, they kept saying it was my bladder or kidneys, but I had tests done and it was fine, then they said it was arthritis I do have osteoarthritis but this is a different kind of pain, 
  • Posted

so sorry to hear that. thoughts are with you
  • Posted

I'm so sorry to hear  that Lynn> I feel your pain and my heart goes with you. But don't give up hope. Continue to search for help from friends and the internet. God will give his blessing.
  • Posted

I'm so sorry Lyn...the frustration, anger and sorrow you feel must be huge.

It is a frustrating journey for all of us as the diagnosis is so painfully slow...we are still waiting to find out what is wrong with DH and he is hoping to get in for a CT in the new year, as with you the ultrasound showed nothing...we will wait with patience while 'preparing for the worst and hoping for the best'

Thinking of you and we are all with you in our hearts Lyn (((hugs)))

• Posted

Hello, I'm so sorry to read what u have been through.... Did u have a feeling it was this before docs diagnosed it?

I can relate to what ur saying..., I been going through the same , in April I started getting a pulsating pain in my throat with electric shock type pains Inbetween my shoulders and mid back, spontaneous pain , that's not set off by anything , just random.... Iv had nausea gone off food for few days... Had blood streaks in sick... Terrible upper abdominal pain which radiated through to my back... Chest pains, now I get pains under ribs on left side and shoulder blade pain when I breath deeply which has got worse over time.... Then I got pains in right side under ribs and right shoulder, I'm now started to get the same pain in right shoulder blade as left when I breath in. Ache between shoulder blades. It's been 9 1/2 months.... Iv had endoscopy to rule out hernia, iv then had ultrasound, mri, which I paid for myself as docs just want to put me on anti depressants telling me my symptoms are due to me working myself up.... I know there's something very wrong with me and no one is listening!!!! It's awful!!! I have had ct scan but it wasn't the proper ct for pancreas, iv read u need a 3 phase ct for pancreas or it can be missed.... The just did a general abdominal ct. now my liver functions abnormal , and because of pain on right side and shoulder pain my new doc says my liver is enlarged.... Well now I'm convinced even more now...I feel for u, as I'm going through the battle of getting someone to listen!!!!

Do t give up though, iv read a few stories of chemo and trials drinking tumors and mets and some haven't grown again.... Google Chris Parrish pancreatic cancer story.... She was given 3 months 6 years later she's still here. Xx

• Posted

I had only had an inflamed pancreas 4 years ago I have never had abdominal pain, when it was inflamed it just felt like a continuous wave through the abdomen, also feeling of weakness and nausea. I think I knew  after about 2 years because I never felt right. But at the moment I just take each day as it comes, i don't have any pain at all at the moment, so I just carry on and try to enjoy my days as much as possible.
    • Posted

Lyn, never give up! decide to live...one day at a time...but live...aim for a little extra time. Eat all the right foods to make the disease uncomfortable, I have heard that apricot kernels (amazon) kill cancer cells, brocolli etc. try everything, prayer, visualization, exercise, My son has pancreatic cancer and the web gives all sorts of info' to extend life;

chemo', prayer, the right food, visualization, and exercise. Will be praying for you,

Blessings,

Lesley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.