Panicking about hiv

Posted , 3 users are following.

Looking for any advice please I started dating a guy a few months back and one night 1 thing led to another and we had some foreplay and he inserted his Penis inside me for about 1 minute if that he never egaculated inside me but am worried if I could be at risk of catching hiv ? This has only happened this 1 time and not had any sexual contact b4 or after this it's driving me insaine please help am worried sick.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

If you're so concerned, I suggest you get yourself tested. It's the only way your mind will be free.

• Posted

testing is the only way to know, though pulling out method does not work in terms of preventing STDs and HIV however the chance of contracting HIV from one single exposure is quite slim but not ZERO therefore best thing you can do is to get tested which im sure will be negative even god forbid if its positive you will be diagnosed early and that's a great advantage in keeping the virus under control and keeping the immune systme strong, people whom are diagnosed early and straight away start treatment have a great great great chance of living a very normal healthy long life like others. you are most probably negative so dont stress out. do not google anything, DO NOT google, it will consume you, just simply test, its easy and quick and move on.  

• Posted

Thank you for your response I have booked an appointment at the clinic to get tested I did say that it was not the pulling out method it was literally 1 minute if that and then we stopped no egaculation took place I am really worried he has not been diagnosed with hiv but my anxiaty is eating away at me i just think what if he doesn't no he has it.

• Posted

you did a great thing by booking an appointment and till then just calm down. 

lets do some calculation, the chance person you had six with had hiv is like 1/100 and the chance someone contract hiv from one single exposure in your case without ejaculation is 1/2000 and as you see you are very very very likely to be negative. however chance always plays a big role so to completely rule it out, get tested by 4th gen DUO test after 28 days of your exposure which most hiv experts take it as conclusive or any type of hiv test at 3 months mark after your last exposure to be legally and conclusively negative. DO NOT THINK ABOUT IT, DO NOT LET ANXIETY TAKE OVER YOUR LIFE AND ONCE AGAIN DO NOT GOOGLE. 

• Posted

Thank u for your reply I'm so worried I'm making my self bad I have already Google stuff I've literally convinced my self I have it the other person has told me his got nothing and to go get tested to pit my mind at rest I'm just frightened and really have convinced my self Im getting symptoms I can't get it out my head at all :-(

• Posted

I strongly advised you not to but to put your mind at ease, you can google many disease and illnesses and see how common symptoms are so symptoms can never be a good indicator of your status, only and only a test can tell you. doesn't matter how classical symptoms are. mind is a powerful tool, it can make you win a battle against cancer and at the same time can cause serious physical problem in by causing stress and anxiety which weaken immune system so do not think about it, 

• Posted

I strongly believe that you will be just fine. I once was in this same predicament. It took 3 good years before I finally mustered the courage to get tested. Having read your post, I'm convinced that you too will test negative. And in the case where you're not, God forbid, HIV is not a death sentence. People with HIV can live long and healthy lives. People are afraid to get tested, to disclose their HIV status because of the stigma that comes with it. I view HIV like I view any other diseases. It's not so worrisome when one learns he/she is diabetic, hypertensive, etc.... These are illnesses that can kill you too if not health conscious - compliant with your medications, living a healthy lifestyle. So be it AIDS. diabetes, high blood pressure or any medical issue, the only rational or logical perspective is to resign in the awareness that with care and attention and a positive attitude, you will be fine....

• Posted

Just letting u no my results were negative :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.