Paracetamol reduces anxiety?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Some recent research suggests paracetamol suppresses psychological pain, just as it does physical pain; that the same part of the brain is active in both sorts of pain. (See e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracetamol#Psychological_effects

I'm now taking paracetamol and finding it definitely blunts/reduces my GAD.

Is anyone else finding the same?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

paracetamol is for pain relief only. It contains codeine I think which will help anxiety. However you are in danger of harming yourself by taking it long term because it could cause you serious damage to your body in high doses even kill you.

So I suggest you try and get some medical advice on what is best to take instead.

Richard

• Posted

its nonsense , my friend , what you are telling about paracetamol. Everything , even water , can kill you in too high doses.  paracetamol is , in moderate amounts , very safe also for long term use
  • Posted

thanks Richard. I used it for several weeks with no apparent damage. Howver coming off caffeine is a better way to prevent GAD (rather than counteract it).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.