Parasitic infection in my face!!! Can we help each other?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had recurring parasitical infections for going on six years now and the last two flare ups have been located in my face and around my mouth they have made hooker's and i can see them as if they are peeking out and I'm very sane! My partner has seen them as well as a few friends and my Dr so i know I'm not crazy! i pick them out and ib the beginning they are teeny tiny balls of white and almost to tiny to be seen with the human eye but i know what to look for since I've dealt with them for going on six years and then they differ depending on which stage of development they are in.

Fortunately, being HIV+ my Dr understands about parasites bc of my immune system. The parasites can run rogue in my body, which they definitely do!

The only course of treatment which will last for up to six months I've noticed is a shot of Ivermectin. I go to the Dr tomorrow for a shot but this is the first time I've really cried about these damn things bc they are ruining my face. I have to pick them out of my face bc they hurt and they crawl and I cannot stand the feelings they cause.

I'm looking for support and validation as well and to see if anyone else has this happen and if we could help each other?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

my best friend has the same thing....she's been fighting it for over a year and has been thrown in the mental hospital twice... doctors will not listen.. i wish i could be more helpful, but i can only confirm what you're saying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.