Parathyroid Adenomas but normal levels

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive been diagnosed with two parathyroid adenomas back in 2017 . My levels of calcium and PTH were normal so doc just said to watch it. I got another ultra sound in 2019 due to increased neck pressure and it showed the same two adenomas except the left one was now 4x the size it was originally. My levels were still normal so they said theyll just watch it. Also, the second ultrasound showed two large lymph nodes right next to the left adenoma. Its been a year and the pressure in my neck is causing coughing and trouble sleeping. Extra info: Im 24 y/o female, had hashimotos with uncontrollable levels since i was 6 y/o, and i've had kidney stones since i was 12. (currently have one in each kidney that im trying to pass). Any opinions? Im at a loss. Im getting another ultrasound in 4 days.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Find a new doctor, you know your body . These days we have to be our own patient advocates

Keep us updated

• Posted

if you have kidney stone, i would think ca levels are high...this would also be consistent with the growth in parethyroid gland you mention. if this is the case, get it removed. if PTH is not high, and ca levels normal, then continuing monitor makes some sense

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.