Paroxetine withdraw - last steps

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello all together,

paroxetine for 12 years. Wanted to stop 6 years ago, according to neurologist I should reduce 10mg every week, then only take 10mg every 2nd day.

What happened, massive depression. Then I took paroxetine again.

I have now been weaning off for about 3 years. I bought a fine scale, and mostly reduced in 10% steps, every 6 - 8 weeks. I always took a break in between, so I often stayed on one dose for about 12 weeks.

Currently I am at 1mg for 3 months, then another 0.5mg for 3 months. Smaller steps were no longer possible, I can hardly measure or file.

The problem is, I never really felt stable. So I couldn't say that it got better after, say, 8 weeks on the same dose.

Now of course I am very unsure what to do. Right now I am plagued by symptoms like irritability, depressiveness, restlessness, compulsive cleaning up.

However, of course, the individual doses also fluctuate, the precision scale is simply no longer accurate enough.

What would you do? Can it possibly also come from the dose fluctuations in this lower range?

Is there any hope that the symptoms will disappear only after complete discontinuation?

Thank you and best regards

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.