Paroxetine Withdrawals

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can anybody give me an insight... on when I feel start feeling okay....

I have been off Paroxetine for 7 days now.  Please spare me the 'you shouldnt have gone off it suddenly' business. There are reasons why I had too.

How long does it take for me to stop feeling dizzy, sleepy, angry, sore, down?  I can't drive properly.  I can't sit for more than 30 minutes.  I can't stop crying.  Pretty much want to die.  Need to know how long this will last for.  6 months? More? Less?  Please someone who has experienced this let me know ASAP.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

rrr i wish i could give u a good answer to your question...

coming of seroxat has to be one of if not the hardest thing you can do, i have read stories about people not having any withdrawl symptoms at all, to symptoms lasting a few month and some even a few years,

me personally mine lasted a few months ringing in the ears, restlessness, heart Palpitations, zaps now and again thats the one thing i thought i would suffer most from but i didnt. i cut my seroxat down 5mg at a time.. and then when i was down to 5mg i would miss a day take a day miss a day, then gradually only once a week.

Did it work yeah i but now i am on sertraline due to my anxitey coming back. the doctor i saw told me they are relctunt to prescribe seroxat now ?? i dunno if thats true..

anyway i hope you manage to come off them and wish you good health..

• Posted

The question was about Paraxetine/Paxil, not Seroxat
    • Posted

Thank you for the info, at least I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.  Really, no matter what or how long it takes I am determined to get off it. Good luck with your new medication.
    • Posted

no it was about Seroxat which is Paroxetine. This is on my medication packet.
  • Posted

I just saw your topic after starting a similar one.I haven't been taking it for 10 days.Occasionally when i feel too dizzy i take half my dose and the day after i feel god.But i am taking less and less.I don't know howlong this will last.My doctor suggested taking 5ht supplement if my symptoms doesn't pass soon.You may try 5ht too.
    • Posted

thanks for the info I have some 5ht in my Medes cabinet so might try that.
  • Posted

I know this is an old post just wondering how you got on with the withdrawal process? I'm on day 5 and feel dreadful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.