Paroxetine withdrawl - Normal? Help!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

So I was started on paroxetine around 3.5 weeks ago for anxiety and panic attacks. I have suffered on and off with very brief episodes over my life but it came to a head at the beginning of this year. I was prescribed 20mg of paroxetine - I took 3 doses over 3 days but had terrible side effects. Its the first ssri that I have ever tried. I was gritting my teeth, terrible sweating, headaches, dizziness, blurry vision, spaced out, electrical burning sensations running down my spine, nausea, brain zaps. My anxiety was about my health so these side effects made my life worse. I thought I was dying. Anyway I went to out of hours, I was told to stop which I did as I was clearly very sensitive and it didnt agree with me. Most of the side effects have stopped since taking them but i still feel spaced out and dizzy and lethargic. I was told 4 weeks until the brain can go back to normal but It will be 4 weeks this Saturday. Im terrified it wont. Im frustrated that i started it cos although I had anxiety before this is worse i just want to feel not spaced out or dizzy. Will this ever end? Its beginning to affect me to the point I have had to be off work. Any help/advice or similar stories would be great. Just need some help from people that understand the drug/symptoms. 😦 x

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.