partial tear of supra spinatus

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi.

27 y.o, sufferered from shoulder pain in my left shoulder for long time and did mri.

Mri results: partial tear of supra spinatus (9mm and 1 cm.)

the mri was 4 months ago, returned to gym after doing some pt, after 2 workouts with light weight the shoulder starts to pain again.

waiting for a shoulder clinic next week to hear what they have to say.

Tried everything, cold, hot, massage, acupuncture. was helpful for a period and when I started to workout again - the pain returned.

Any help?

Things to ask the clinic?

thanks alot.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

three things to help your shoulder heal and not to continue to re-injure it. rest. rest. rest.

do not allow docs to do a steroid shot in that shoulder. studies show steroids actually dissolve the tissue and exacerbate the injury.

see more info online . i have had this in both shoulders for many years, it is painful. learning our limitations accept that the injury needs time to heal is important. it will heal if you allow it to rest...but remember surgery will never guarantee better results... it's a change of lifestyle ... using mind full ness to prepare your mind to find ways to do things differently until your shoulder heals. never Ever do things in repetition that will re-injure your shoulder . think ahead of time listen to your body... rest rest rest....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.