Passing out/fainting mid flight for the second time

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hopefully this is the right place to put this but if not, happy for it to be moved*

Have an issue come up again last week and was wondering if anyone else has had it happen.

I was on a flight to the Canary Islands and passed out about 3 hours in - From my point of view, I cant remember much apart from feeling a bit sick, eyes were blurry, sweating and I struggled to hear anything. It happened in about 5 seconds from feeling a bit off to whatever happened next.

I was told from people around me that I was unresponsive (for about 20 seconds) looked grey and clammy.

Now, this is the second time this has happened to me, the first around 4 years following the same symptoms and around the same time (3 hours into the flight). Has anyone else encountered this?

I will go and get checked out at the Drs but wanted to see if there was anything else I need to think about or what could be causing it?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Just a guess......probably a drop in oxygen to the brain caused by Cabin pressure. I understand that this is more common on flights than folks realise. You need to be well hydrated when you get on a plane. Dont drink any alcohol. Well done for going to your doctor to get checked.

• Edited

Thank you for your reply!

It does make sense if it was that reason - I have a bit of a worry that I am doing a flight in a few months which is the longest I have done so certainly a bit apprehensive to say the least! What made it worse this time is when the Cabin Crew came over and said how bad I looked which is never helpful haha!

I have an appt tomorrow so will see what happens then 😃

Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.