Paxil Chronic Diarrhoea

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have used 20mg of Paxil for the last 8 years and have had great responses from it.

In the past 6 months I seem to be unable to take it without feeling nauseous. I move to 20 mg of Paxil (ER) and that helped.

Now every time I take it, I get terrible diarrhoea.

Anyone experienced such a sudden rejection to this medicine?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Like you, I've been on Paroxetine for many years (currently on 25mg) and during this time it has also played havoc with my gut health and caused regular diarrhoea . So much so that I feel the need to take probiotics to keep it under control. This is one of the reasons I am now trying to taper off this medication. The other annoying side-effect I find is itching all over my body.

• Posted

hello

ive been weaning myself off for 3 weeks

and the withdrawls have not been nice

i had chronic diatehha yrsterdsy hut i think its nearly out my symptom hope this helps

but i dont think you should be getting diahtrea whilst taking them i was the opposite i was consipated while tsking 20mg

• Posted

hello

ive been weaning myself off for 3 weeks

and the withdrawls have not been nice

i had chronic diatehha yrsterdsy hut i think its nearly out my symptom hope this helps

but i dont think you should be getting diahtrea whilst taking them i was the opposite i was consipated while tsking 20mg

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.