Pcos and vaginal discharge

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello ladies,

Just wondered if anyone is experiencing the same issue? I get discharge on a daily basis and read up that it links to PCOS.

I've been experiencing this for years and know it isn't anything to do with an STD as I was checked a few years ago after breaking up with my last boyfriend.

The colouring is white and its either creamy or watery. I know this isn't the best subject but would be grateful for any answers.

J

x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey j

I have this problem.

pcos is new to me I was only diagnosed on tuesday but I get discharge from it, it now seems worse since I have been taking metformin.

x

• Posted

Hi Stacey,

Very helpful tip on the metformin as I was considering taking that a few months ago. How are you finding it?

J

x

• Posted

Hello, for some years now starting during high school i have had this issue. I am 28 now and it hasnt gotten any better. I found out a few months ago that i had PCOS. It never dawned on me that this couuld be the reason until i saw your post. Now it makes since. I have not found a solution. When i went to the doctor years ago they told me and another relative that it was gentetics. I did find that soaking in a warm tub without soap but just a few drops of apple cider vineagar. but that was a few years ago. But i will be looking into it. It always makes me uncomfortable. Let me know if you find a solution.
    • Posted

Hello,

Thanks for those tips, I'll look into it.

I went to my doctors a few weeks ago and my nurse tested me for everything. Everything came back normal - she said some women simply just have more discharge than others.

Ahhh, pcos is such a mystery,

J

x

• Posted

Hi,

I'm a longterm suffer of PCOS (25+ years) and can confirm that whilst there are unpleasant side-effects (of the condition), none of them are 'unmanagabe'. Good personal hygeine is key - I use moist toilet wipes, every time I go to the loo, to ensure I properly clean myself........I have never found a 'better way' of managing this issue. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.