PCOS - Clomid not working - what's next?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've recently been diagnosed with PCOS after trying to conceive for a year. I started clomid (50mg) and the first cycle it worked, stimulated follicles and I had a trigger injection because I wasn't ovulating. Unfortunately we didnt conceive that first month but then we both assumed that the next month it would all work in the same way. This was not the case and the next month at 50mg nothing happened, then we went up to 100mg, that didn't work and then 150mg and no luck there either. I've been taking metformin as well which my doctor thought would help. My doctor has said this can sometimes happen but I don't understand why it worked the first time and then not again, even when the dose was increased. It's so upsetting going to the doctor every month hoping for something to have happened and then seeing nothing in the scans. Has this happened to anyone else? What's the next step if the Clomid doesn't work? Just want to hear some good news stories to try and keep us positive.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have been reading that ladies who were taking clomid and not concieving also started taking metformin and that worked for them! Ask your doc
  • Posted

Hi 

I'm going thorugh the exact situation you mentioned right now.  My doctor said the next option is daily shots but the rate of live birth is 12%-17% rolleyes and it's pricey since my insurance only covers 50% She mentioned most patients who don't have success with Clomid move on to IVF with a rate of 50%-60%.  It is very frustrating! I'm 34yrs old so time is not on my side anymore.  It's been a year since your post, have you had any results? What is your current situation? if you don't mind sharing.  Looking for a bit of hope just like you. Thank you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.