PCOS symptoms or Pregnancy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have been diagnosed with pcos since i was 13, i am now 30. my husband and i are trying for a baby and i am going on 2 months since my last period. my periods have been regular the last 5-6 years and i cant ever remember going this long between periods. i have taken 3 hpt but they all came back negative. I dont want to give my hopes up but am wondering if anyone else has gone through something like this? i am scheduling an appointment to see my ob to see what could be going on.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i wasn't trying to get pregnant as i only had 1 period a year and infertile as disn't produce eggs.

i was put on METFORMIN 500mg 3 times a day with meals.

A year later to ours and doctors surprise i fell pregnant.

In america they use METFORMIN to help produce eggs. Talk about a shock to ending up having a baby at the age of 38!

• Posted

hi kim,

my name is vicky, i had pcos i was diagnosed at 14.

At 40 no cysts ovaries normal size it blew my mind all these years!!

i get where you are coming from, it can be very cruel because you dont get regular periods then built your hopes if you are anything like me it was so very upsetting!!

my curcumstances are different but my advice would go to your dr ask what can be done for you to help improve your fertility.

you are still young and your husband wants to try (my husband didnt want to as he already had a daughter) can i ask has tour husband has a sperm count as i do remember when starting fertility treatment this is what we done. After a famly shock i could not go further.

If a baby is what you want ask all the questions it maybe you need a little help..

i know how hard this can be Mentally emotional all of it.

Talk again to your dr

good luck

vicky

• Posted

i live in England and i was given Metformin too, its actually for diabetics but realeases the eggs.

Then the gp questioned it it wasnt licensed for it then.

Maybe say rhis to your dr too

vicky

• Posted

oh... I totally understand your despair. A few years ago was in the same situation. I used to have a secondary amenorrhea due to polycystic ovary. I haven't had periods for about 2 years, they just disappeared, despite the fact that all hormones were fine. After 2 years struggling to find out why such a situation occurred, taking hormones for both the first and second phases of the cycle to trigger menstruation, I agreed to hystero-laparoscopy. It was my last hope to avoid artificial insemination. And it helped. Of course, I used some tricks to speed up this process, like some described here and we had to stimulate my ovulation, but it worked out. So, just be patient and try everything you can.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.