pea size lump in breast. Ive had it for 4years now not growing ... scared !! what should I do??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had a lump in my left breast for four years now. It's the size of a peanut and it's not growing. I also had discharge (yellow) in my right breast. What should I do please

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Go and see yr doctor, it's prop nothing to worry about, but better to b safe than sorry,  my mam had lumpy breasts, and she wouldn't go and have a mammogram or see the doc, and she ended up with breast cancer, So please, please as yr having discharge as well go to yr doctor.  
    • Posted

Thanks Elizabeth for the response , when i first saw the lump and the discharge 4 years ago i went to the clinic . i was 20 years old then. the discharge was traced to hormonal imbalance. i guess i was reaally scared about the hospital then. there were instancess of hormanal changes and discharge in my family line ,, so i got relieved a bit then 
  • Posted

As it has not grown or changed in 4 years I would think its nothing serious, it could be a cyst! But you definitely should see a doctor to rule out anything serious!
    • Posted

thanks a lot Katz, your mssg inspired me a bit . i would go see a doctor definitely. i just dont know the process here in the US. i was thinking the cyst would melt with time but apparently its not. i just got really scared recently,,, i guess  heard a lot of scary stories about cancer this past month ... I really hope i wont have to go thorugh an operation to get the cyst out !! i dont know if there are medications that doctors could prescribe.
    • Posted

Hi Katz,  I had a lump in my left breast when I was around your age and had it removed under general anaesthetic.  It was a cyst, nothing sinister but I was glad it was out!  Now they can drain cysts without having an operation so I would recommend you see your doctor asap!  I am now 55 and have discovered another lump in my left breast which I suspect is also a cyst but I am off to the doctor's to get it checked out.  Better safe than sorry!  Please let us know how you get on.
  • Posted

I found a lump last month, and after what my mam went through, I was scared, I saw my doc who referred me to hospital, I had a mamogram( I've got a curviature of my spine so,it was a little awkward to go onto the mamogram but I did, and also had a echo scan, found out it is just a cyst, got to keep an eye on it but told me not to worry, just age related, and if it gets any bigger to go bk and they.'ll drain it,  so please, please just tell yr doctor what yr afraid of and ask him/her to explain the treatments available, yr not alone these docs see this problem so many times , let me know how you get on,  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.