Pea sized lump on vulva

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have this lump where my vulva is, kind of right above it I guess. I have periods fine and I can put a finger inside but it's always really painful, I haven't been able to have penetrative sex for as long as I can remember. I always assumed that was just because I have vaginismus or something, but now I don't know. I don't think it's new, I'm not sure exactly when it formed, but I'm pretty sure its been there for a long time now. It hasn't grown as far as I can tell. Anyone know what it is? Should I see someone about it?

Also, I have had one gynecologist visit in my life (a few years ago) and she didn't seem to notice it, she never said anything about it, but I'm pretty sure it was there at the time, so I dunno 😦 should I try to find another gynecologist and ask them if it's something I should be concerned about?

here is an image

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Your gynaecologist probably didnt mention it because you didnt say anything about it. Yes, do see a gynaecologist and tell him/her exactly what you are concerned about. Exactly in the same way you have asked the question on here.

• Posted

Time will tell on how problematic this situation will be. Its best to keep an eye out because perhaps it will go away on its own. The human body is capable of annihilating illnesses and spots and infections without help. I say time will tell.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.