Pelvic pain on left side

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi in my last period and for 1st time I felt a horrible stabbing pain in left ovary that last a day or so. I also felt bloated and nauseated small pressure in my bladder and very mild cramps throughout the month. I also had a bartholin's cyst located on left side of labia which luckily resolved after a few hot baths

Now this month during my period I had again pain on left side ovary and lower back.

I'm almost 45 years old and I know my body/ hormones will be playing havoc as you get older.

I don't take any contraceptive pill for over 10 years or have a coil and my periods are heavier in the last 2 2/5 years.

One time I even collapsed on a tile floor due to heavy bleeding and had to go to A&E.

The GP send me for a transvaginal ultrasound and they didn't find anything that explained the heavy bleeding.. but in these last few months I've been feeling a stabbing pain when I have a period and symptoms in pelvis region so something is not right.

There's no history of endometriosis in my family but my mum had breast cancer. I'm concerned that this might be ovarian cancer or ovarian cysts because they can cause intense pain. I already suffer from a chronic musculoskeletal condition which makes life already difficult.. I'm a vulnerable person so going to GP is a no no at the moment due to the current virus pandemic..

Anyone with any advice would be appreciated

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

How are feeling? Are you better now? I had similar symptoms with PID (without the heavy bleeding one though, I have light flow). Ultrasound was OK, doctor suspected a hydrosalpinx based on ultrasound but at laparo tube was OK. Do you have unusual discharge or odor? I used to have this watery abundant discharge, and ammonia smell. I'm not a doctor and I can't say it's PID, hormonal or something else. But I feel the symptoms to be similar.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.