people with Urethral Disorders have question for you

Posted , 8 users are following.

do yall wake up in the middle of the night to go pee ??

i dont have any pain whatsoever or ed or blood or weird stream, i just have hard time starting a stream and have to stay for couple of mins to push even small amounts until i feel im empty, yet after sleeping for 6-7 hours i wake up feeling pressure in the prostate like im going to pee a litre but its not that much of amount puls trying to pee after waking up is the hardest but after this one all other bathroom visits are ease, i do go to bathroom every 1.5-2 hours

did all tests all showed normal except for the urine flow test showed delay starting stream, ultra sound psa sperm all showed normal, doctor gave me alfuzosin and it absolutely did nothing

what's your thoughts?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My first symptoms for my urethral stricture were basically what you described, I had to pee semi-frequently and would need to push a little bit to totally drain. In the morning it was always worse than later in the day. I'm not sure if you already have had a cystoscopy and/or a retrograde urethrogram but if you have and they found nothing it probably isn't a stricture. You may want to return to your doctor though if alfuzosin hasn't done anything for you.

• Posted

I would agree with R2595. These symptoms do look like of urethral stricture.

If your meds are not helping to relieve symptoms, then please ask doctor to see if he/she suggests urethrogram (if you hadn't done already). That should clear up things and will give you peace of mind.

In my case, doctor gave me similar α₁ blocker medicine (generally for prostate related issues). I took for one month without any improvement and then dr advised for urethrogram where stricture was identified.

Best regards

• Posted

I have same thing with same treatment. Some thing obstructing but not been identified yet. May be prostate is hindering.

• Edited

Hi,

Your symptoms are same as mine. Except the difficult urination part is when first time I wake up after midnight (say 3 am). On other times my urination is like I have to wait for 5, 10 ,15 or 30 secs to start the urine. I have even waited for 1 min but that has occurred only sometimes. when it starts it comes with urine drops or small stream and then there is gap finally the urine comes normal.

When bladder is with low urine, I'm unable to push out like before. When bladder is 3/4th its easier and when its full I get little cramps around prostate and then urine flows normal. Infact getting cramps / mild pain near prostate/bladder neck is regular symptom for me. When I go for a walk and return my urination is a lot easier to push.

Tests performed: PSA level normal, no white blood /red blood in urine, no bacterial infection, Ultrasound with no abnormalities identified.

Medicines taken : Azithromycin (7 days) it was useless. Recently took CFlox 500 mg for 2 weeks. CFLOX did help but it is not good to continue for long.

I have stopped medications. My Cystoscopy in scheduled 10 days, i'm seriously hoping my doctor knows what he is doing and takes care of my Urethra . Overall I'm mentally disturbed for almost 3 months now. This is also affecting sex life as me and wife were into planning.

Kind regards,

• Posted

well i just did a cystoscopy and result are i have bladder neck elevation, surprisingly enough my doc said we cant do anything about it because if we cut some of the bladder neck youll have a retrograde sperm

• Posted

i am fixed doc put me on tamsulosin for two month now, i can say i am %90 better

• Posted

Everyone wakes up in the middle of the night to pee. If this is something which happens often, its safe to say there are internal problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.